Cardboard is an amazing building material for kids and you are only limited by your imagination. Tape and scissors are all you need to turn a few moving boxes into an afternoon of entertainment.
Our family and friends of the gorgeous stationery company Blonde Designs built this cardboard rocket and here’s how they did it.
1. Cut one side of the box to make it flat.
2. Reinforce the cardboard by taping over the cut parts.
3. Draw a curved line at the top of each flattened box and cut with scissors.
4. Bend the boxes to make them 3-D and tape the sides of the boxes together (inside and outside). Tape the nose of the rocket last.
5. Use the cardboard scraps to make the “wings” at the bottom of the rocket and tape together.
Ready for take-off!